Monday, June 7, 2010

Daily reminders that I'm getting older

I swear I think I get a daily reminder that I am getting old. I know I am still young, but sometimes I just wish I could go back to childhood (where it was simpler), high school (where everything seemed so easy) or college (an amazing time). Instead, I'm a college grad of almost 1.5 years, a 8-5 employee, a bridesmaid, a friend of a bride or groom, bill payer, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on.

What I love though, is that some of the situations that make me feel like I'm becoming more and more of an independent adult also fill me with the joy of a child.

This past weekend was Jessica and Taylor Schach's wedding. What an amazing event. She looked beautiful and he was handsome as well. It was such a blessing to be a witness to one of the most important days of their lives. The joy I feel when my friends are getting married, having children, accepting job offers, is a feeling that I cannot even express. I love being a part of so many amazing events and no matter how adult I may be, it's never enough to take that joy away.

This coming weekend I will be watching my brother get married! Now that will be an event to remember. My first sibling getting married, my first sister-in-law! I cannot wait to have another sister. Meegan's pretty much been a member of our family for like 9 years now, but now it will be official. I sense tears of joy in my near future.

Here's a picture of the soon to be married couple



As for me, other than wedding attendance, my job is changing a little bit too! I will now be doing strictly account management now. No more database stuff and less training, I'm excited! So ready to start getting ramped up with my two regions (pretty much the right half of the US) I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment