Monday, July 20, 2009

Atlanta weekend!

It was another successful weekend in Atlanta. I've been really good about staying in town for weekends recently. At first, I must admit I wanted to go home on the weekends. The whole concept of being away from everything I had ever known didn't sit too well at first. But now, I stick around much more often and go home maybe once a month.

Friday, I got to see Jessica, which was exciting! I haven't really seen her all summer since she has been in Jacksonville with her family. Her mom got me an awesome gift so I got to go pick it up from her. It was nice to see some of her family as well. They are some of the nicest people. I just wish I could have seen her mom and dad, Tam and Poppy. They are great. I didnt get home until around midnight so I just hung out in Alpharetta with some friends and called it a relatively early night.

Saturday, The weather was perfect so after a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel (YUMMY) I layed out by the pool for a few hours. It was so nice just to sit and relax while the dogs played in the pool. So nice. Saturday night I went to a birthday celebration! Had such a great time with them.

Sunday, The Braves were playing the Mets so a group of us got together to go. I am becoming more and more a fan of baseball now that I live here. I even catch myself watching some of the braves games on TV. Now, Im definetely a sports fan, but baseball was one I never could get into. I'm glad I have found a new love of it though. There is nothing like tailgating with a group of friends (especially when its the offseason for football)!

Speaking of which 47 days until Auburn's first game! So excited! Love Love LOVE football season!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We can sit together at football games this year... strange concept?!

    ReplyDelete