Friday, November 20, 2009

There is a brighter side... I hope.

Well, I have been the worlds absolute worst blogger over the past month or so!

I mean I forgot Halloween, trips to Auburn, and more!

So lets rewind. Halloween was a great weekend. I ended up going to the South Carolina (JJs team) Tennessee game which was on Halloween. We (like a few other fans) wore our costumes to the game! Kind of fun! I enjoyed being somewhere different and being in Knoxville for the first time. I did however wonder how in the world they convince people to go to the University of Tennessee. There is nothing really exciting about the campus, it isnt all that pretty, and I just wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm just biased... Either way, in my SEC campus visits, I have found no place better than Auburn.

Last weekend I went to Athens. Loved seeing the people I saw, but wasnt thrilled about the outcome of the game. Parker (my best guy friend) was down there! I havent seen him in so long. He was overseas as a Marine fighting for our country and I missed him! But he is back and ready to start college. I am so proud of him! Amanda also made the trip up. I called her earlier in the week and told her I had a free ticket with her name on it if she could make it to Athens. She did! I was so thrilled! I miss having her around all the time.

I have never been a huge fan of Athens in general, but I wonder if I don't like it because I've only been when it is extremely crowded from football games. I am going to try to give it one last try and maybe then I will see what everyone else seems to see in that city. And just for the record for the two times I have been in Athens, Auburn has lost. I dont think I will be going back for another Auburn UGA game ever again. haha.

Went to Auburn for several games over the past almost 2 months! Got to see some great friends. Man that makes me miss Auburn and everyone so much though. Which brings me to my emotional rant of the blog.

Over the past few weeks I have really been missing all my really close friends from highschool and college. Amanda is all the way in Mobile, a 5-6 hour drive from Atlanta. Elizabeth is all the way in Birmingham, a 2 hour drive, Lindsay has left me in Atlanta to move to Thomasville/Tallahassee, a 3-4 hour drive, and Jess is in Auburn, but is in Birmingham so many weekends with her boyfriend and of course my mom and sister are in Auburn 2ish hours away.

It's just hard to have everyone I love so close for so long and then all of a sudden have none of them. I have great friends here in Atlanta, but they all have their Amandas, Elizabeths, Jessicas and Lindsays close by so it's hard. I miss girls nights, The Bachelorette nights (even though I won't watch that show anymore), Wine Night, Wednesday Night drink specials, random Friday nights and all the random talks I had with all of them.

AND on top of that. I am having some issues with my job. I totally love my company and I love my coworkers, but I've always expected more of myself with work and right now I feel like I have hit a wall. Most of it is my fault, and I totally understand that, but its hard to expect and want more for yourself and know that there is nothing that you can do right now to fix it. I have to change my attitude, step back, and just be happy I have a job. I need to make the best of my situation and do what I need to do to make myself proud and happy to be doing something.

It's just been a rough week I think. Things will look up. I know they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment