Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An early Christmas

J and I wont be together at Christmas this year since he is traveling to New Jersey/New York for family stuff and I am heading back home to Auburn.. So we decided to do Christmas last night.

It was great, I mean great. To start off the night I had him open his stocking and he had me open mine. First surprise, the best "Christmas card" ever. It was a DVD he made that had pictures from all sorts of events we have gone to and things we have done together, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. Oh my gosh I was tearing up something serious during the whole thing. It started with the weekend we consider the start of our relationship (Elizabeth and Caleb's wedding) and went on to events like braves games, Chicago, other weddings, skiing and more. It was the most precious thing ever. I have the sweetest man and am a lucky lucky girl. I will be watching a rewatching that little card forever.

I opened my stocking and found a gift certificate to a spa (NOTE: I have never been to the spa, never had a professional massage, never, not once) I mean I am so excited to go and see what it is all about and get pampered for a lil while. He knows I have always wanted to go but never would buy it for myself so now I get to experience it!

Then we opened gifts. I had a big box waiting for me so I had him open some of his gifts first. He got a USC Under Armour shirt and a cast iron skillet and then a watch. Then I opened my gift.... A KITCHEN AID MIXER! Are you kidding me... Only the best thing ever. I have always wanted one and love baking sooo now I have my very own mixer at my house instead of having to use my Mom's when I go home. Love it! Despite my obsession with pink he bought me a gray one which I love and will look good in any kitchen that I one day move into!




He had a surprise date planned too, dinner and a show, but time was not on our side last night. We made it to dinner and had a great time. Wildfire was the restaurant he chose and the food was so good. Dinner ended late so the show has to be postponed, luckily the show is still going on next week, so we are going to go next week. I have no idea what it is or where it is, but I know he hasn't let me down yet so I will probably love it!

Now he is on his way to Jersey and I am leaving tomorrow morning to be in Auburn until Monday. While I'm sad the plans we had for me to make it to Jersey to see them (we planned on my flying up Christmas night and seeing his family, and going into the city, and spending some of the holiday together) didn't work out, I'm excited to be in Auburn for a while to spend time with my family and friends.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment