Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving Month

Of course, Katie beat me to it, but after reading everyone's facebook posts about the things they are thankful for this Thanksgiving month, I want to share what I am thankful for as well. Except, I figure the people who need to know these things arent necessarily the 1000+ facebook "friends" I have :).

So here goes nothing...

Tuesday, Nov 1: Since November 1st is my brother's birthday he gets my first bit of thankfulness. Daniel, over the years, has taught me so much. He's one of the smartest people I know and has such a kind heart. We may be two very different people, but we both know that no matter what we will always be there for the other without question.

Wednesday, Nov 2: I am thankful everyday for my Wednesday night bible study. The girls have been a blessing over the past 1+ year and I have grown so much through our time. The studies we have done have helped me learn more about myself and my walk with God. Sharing our struggles, triumphs, and challenges helps get us all through life and their prayers have helped change more than I can ever let them know. This coming year will be a big changing year for us as we have 2 getting married (YAY) and others with big changes on the horizon. I cannot wait to see where this next year takes us.

Thursday, Nov 3: I am thankful for the friendships I have. After college most of my friends all spread out across the south and I dont see them nearly as frequently as I want, but regardless, we always just pick right up where we left off. I love that about us. I am also thankful for the people in my life in Atlanta, they keep me sane in the crazy city and help me love Atlanta a little more everyday.

Friday, Nov 4: I am thankful for Auburn. Auburn to many is just a school/city but Auburn, for me, is home. Being raised there I hold it so close to my heart and am always in my happy place when I am there. Thankfully for now, I am only 2 hours away, but I know regardless of how far away I go, or whether my family continues to live there, Auburn will always be my home.

Saturday, Nov 5: I am thankful for my parents. Mom and Dad are always there to support me, give me advice, and love me. They never lose faith in me, even on days when I have lost faith in myself. The way they raised my brothers, sister and I have made us the men and women we are today and no matter how many times we have slipped and fallen they were there to pick us up. I am thankful for the time I have with them and the lessons they have taught me over the years. I can only hope that I am half the parent they have been.

Sunday, Nov 6: I am thankful for my lil shish. Sarah is one of the nicest, funniest, and beautiful people I know. No matter what life serves her, she takes it with a smile and does what she can to get through it. Watching her grow up over the years has been such a blessing and I cannot wait to see where she ends up in the coming years.

Monday, Nov 7: I am thankful for a job that allows me to live the life I live. I have been able to travel to places I would never have been able to go to before. I have learned to deal with different personalities and challenges and have grown as a person and as a professional through those experiences. No matter how much I may complain sometimes (especially on a Monday morning) I am thankful for the job I have and the experience I am getting.

Nov 8-30 may take some time to get to, since I leave for Vegas tomorrow and will remain their until Saturday morning when I fly back to go to Athens for the Auburn UGA game and then jump on a plane again on Monday to fly to Northern Cali.

I hope everyone has a blessed week. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment