Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Long overdue updates.

I used to be so good at updating this thing... maybe I will blame my friends and their lack of updating of their blogs... Elizabeth... Katie (until recently)...

What has been going on for the past 22 days. Lets see. I celebrated St Pattys Day a weekend early at LuckyFest at Park Tavern in Atlanta. Kate and I went and ended up meeting with some other friends and having an amazing night. I had zero green beer but I was ok with that.

The next weekend I was off to the Keys. Amanda's dad wins all these trips through his job and he got to bring a guest. His friend/coworker Tim also got to bring a guest. Amanda and I were the guests. We spent a wonderful 3 days at Hawks Cay Resort in Duck Key (about 63 miles from Key West). Holy amazingly beautiful. We had such a great time lounging by the lagoon all day, enjoying great dinners at night, socializing with other people we knew on the trip and making new friends. We ended up going out for actual St Patty's Day with what we lovingly call our "Cabana Boy." He happened to be assigned to our section the first day and we all became friends. We had an amazing time seeing a new city and enjoying what the Keys had to offer for St Pattys. That night ended up being an all-nighter because we had to catch our shuttle to the airport at 4:45 am.... Lets just say we were not looking pretty.







This weekend I got to meet some of Kate's friends from college and man do I understand why she loved college so much. They were all so fun and funny and a great time to be around. We all had an amazing time celebrating a birthday, enjoying some pool time, getting in some good dinners, and having a night out on the town. I'm lucky to have found a friend like Kate in this city, she keeps me sane on so many levels.

This next week I plan to relax because my April is full of work trip after work trip after work trip and then a half marathon... A half marathon I haven't trained for... This could be ugly. Operation get my butt out there and run begins today. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment