Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Faja!

Well I am a little behind on this post, but better late than never. Last Saturday marked a big milestone in my Dad's life... he turned 60. Yep you read that right a big 6-0! The poor man was stuck in airports for a majority of the time (don't worry; he and my Mom were coming back from a multi-week trip in Grenada, so you should not feel that bad for him). All day I schemed to make this a fun birthday for him. I ended up making 3 trips to Party City and in the end had 60 helium balloons, 1 giant "6" balloon, 1 giant "0" balloon, and a big Happy Birthday balloon. What in the world could I have done with 60 helium balloons....??? Oh you know, only fill their car (that happened to be at my house) with them. They were everywhere, even in the trunk! My pictures aren't great (since I didn't take a picture in the daytime) but you get the idea.
I was also picking them up from the airport so that is where the other balloons come into play. There is nothing like embarrassing your dear old dad with obnoxious balloons when he returns home. At least he had a sense of humor and sent me this lil gem when they got home. (Sorry it's blurry)...
It was quite a day prepping for his return but it was all for the fun of a good birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! You have survived 30 years of children with some sanity! Love you bunches and bunches! Here's to 60 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment