Monday, April 30, 2012

I survived, somehow

Well, we did it! We finished our half marathon. While our time was not all that impressive in comparison to other people who do these things, the fact that my training basically didn’t exist I’m so proud. 3:02:13!! Katie probably could have finished it a lot fast if she wasn’t with me, the slacker, but she was such a great encouragement and great friend to me! I might be insane because I am starting to consider running another one in Savannah later this year. More info to come. I learned my lesson though, I must train or I might die.

Yesterday and today have been pretty miserable as far as my body completely feeling like it will break at any moment, but I'm surviving. I'm hoping to be back to normal (or closer to normal) tomorrow or Wednesday because I am doing my 60 mile bike ride with my Dad on Saturday. Yes, I am insane.

Other than that life’s been ok. I got a little bitten by the negativity bug again a few weeks back, but I'm slowly pulling myself out of it. I just feel like I can do so much more with my life and I am trying to figure out the best place for me to do them and what should I be doing. I want to volunteer and am thinking about volunteering with the Special Olympics. Just trying to make sure I have the time to do it.

I also have found out that I have been really negative about things that really have nothing to do with me. I'm letting other people and their negativity bring me down which in turn comes off on some of the people I care about. It’s stupid and silly and I'm not loving it. My plan: avoid any negativity for at least 2 weeks. That means, I may seem like a bad friend, but really I do care, I just can’t handle it right now. I'll be happy to be a good friend to you in 2 weeks, when I have my mind refocused and am not at a point where something you say may bring to be negative.

I also am going to try and be more open to everything. I have recently determined I have been very narrow-minded about certain things and been very judgmental. I don't like the person I was and am not going back. A new and improved open-minded and friendly and nonjudgmental Erin will emerge quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment