Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some changes are not appreciated

So it's no shock that life after college is much different than life in college, but one thing I didn't expect was the weight I would put on during my first few years of working. I have officially been in the working world 3 years 2 months and 8 days. In that time, I have spent most of every day sitting at a desk and keeping my muscle movement and exercise regime to a minimum. While I haven't gotten to a point where I am completely disgusted with myself, I am beginning to notice the additional weight.

I won't say exactly how much weight I have put on since graduating, but let's just say I am heavier than I ever thought I should be at my age. I want to get back down to a weight that I feel comfortable and a weight that fits the clothes I have. I mean I love shopping, but I would rather reward myself with a few extra additions to my wardrobe and not have to buy an entirely new closet worth of clothes, in a size I would rather not be..

So, why am I telling all of you. I figure I will make excuses for myself and skip the gym or eat things I shouldn't if I don't tell someone. I need something to keep me accountable. I need to track my progress. I need advice. I don't know where to start or how long I should expect it to take or what to do when the weight doesn't come off as fast as I want it to. Maybe some of you do????.

Besides with my half marathon in 18 days... this body is not ready to run and finishing at this point is my only goal for that..

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!.

Goals: .

Lose 15 pounds. .

Tone up. .

Exercise at least 4 times a week (1 hour each workout). .

Limit eating meals out to twice a week (if not less)..

1 comment:

  1. funny story.. I just update my goals. one of them is to be a goal coach/mentor be it life, exercise etc. they all go hand in hand. finding the balance to handle the work out, job, social expectations is hard. One thing I would suggest is finding a work out buddy or an awesome class you like to attend and literally put it in your planner. make it a priority, things happen when you commit to them. a goal is merely a wish until you take action. I would love to be your accountability partner, sometimes just telling someone about what you have done that day motivates you to do it again the next day, and we all know I could talk for days about fitness. Also, go get you one new workout outfit. seriously. make sure it's cute and most importantly uber functional. when you have something new you want to wear it all the time right?? Love you!

    ReplyDelete