Friday, April 20, 2012

Travel Travel

Seems to be the story of my life these days. The next month or so is going to be so busy traveling for both work and for fun (if you call running fun....) I just got back from a road trip around Louisiana with a coworker and we had a pretty great time. Not only did our client meetings go well, we had quite a few funny moments outside of work. One involving the rental car and basically running into a ditch, a small ditch between two parking lots, but a ditch nonetheless. Good times. We are off to St Louis and Kansas City (Sunday-Wednesday) then I'm off again to Nashville on Friday. Nashville for the half marathon I am still not ready for. I am going to take comfort in the fact that I am atleast doing it and have a great friend (and motivatitor) to help me keep going. Katie will have her work out for her, that's for sure. I'm hoping my ankle holds up for the run because its been bothering me lately. I get a week back in Atlanta then I'm off again to St Louis (yes again) for work again and then to Auburn for Mother's Day/ puppy pickup. (I miss my sweet girl already). Then comes Memorial Day and a family wedding (my cousin is getting married finally!!! They have been engaged for like 3 years I think!)). We are so excited for them and know that this wedding will be such a beautiful event, an event her mother will be proud to watch from heaven. (Elizabeth's mom lost her battle with a brain tumor late last year). I will be lifting up Elizabeth in my prayers for the next few weeks as she goes through one of the most important days of her life and struggles with not having her mother there. I cannot imagine what that would be like, but Elizabeth is strong and I know she will be beaming knowing her mom is watching over her and celebrating this moment from heaven. I have to throw in a few trips to Texas throughout the next weeks too so I will definitely be on the road a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment