Friday, May 4, 2012

Cinco De Mayo weekend

Well this weekend is Cinco De Mayo and how will I be starting my day? Riding 60 miles on a bicycle accompanied by one of the greatest men there has ever been, my father! I'm excited for our daddy daughter time this weekend since it's rare that the two of us are able to have our own time anymore. I am not looking forward to the awkward way I will be walking for the next few days however. I figure I just ran 13.1 miles so what's 60 miles on a bike..... (I may be eating my words tomorrow afternoon).

I will spend the afternoon with my girls celebrating our Mexican heritage (wait, we have no Mexican heritage) and watching the Kentucky Derby. Should be a fun weekend!

The next week is going to be a good one though. My friend Leigh told me about a singles series that is starting up at our church (Buckhead Church). They do a series for three weeks for the singles of the church with a message directed at us. I'm excited to see how it goes and what we can learn. Leigh and I are both on a good path in our walks with God, so I'm excited to experience this with her and watch us both grow through it. We are bringing some other friends too, so I'm excited about that! Keep us all in your prayers as we are all at different points in our journey (some journeys just recently starting!!) It's crazy and amazing how God brings friends together with a similar purpose.

Wednesday morning I am off the St. Louis for work until Thursday and then I'm going to Auburn for Mother's Day. I will be in Mobile Saturday/Saturday night for a very special occassion that deserves a blog post of its own (to come soon!!) AMANDA'S GRADUATION!!! I cannot wait! Then it's round two of the singles series and then off to Texas for work again.

Big couple of weeks coming up! Until next time lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment