Friday, July 13, 2012

I've said it before... I know

Y'all seriously, I know I've said this before... and I might even say it again some time, but I feel disgusting and fat.

It is absolutely ridiculous to me how much weight I have gained and how gross I feel all the time because of it. Clothes that used to fit don't, fabircs that used to look good on me now cling to fat, clothes that used to be too big are starting to get snug... It. is. gross.

So now, after my Chick-Fil-A breakfast, I want to get serious. I want to feel good again. I want to not be tired all the time and I want to feel like I'm in shape. I want my belly to be flat and the cellulite on my legs to disappear. I want to be the old me again.

So now I need some advice. We have all had our weight loss journeys or get in shape regimes. I want to know some ideas. I want to know what motivated you best. How you stuck to your plan. What your plan was. Good healthy recipes (that dont necessarily involve fish). Exercises I should do. Workout plans. Everything. Where should I start? What is a realistic goal to have? What are realistic expectations, 1 pound a week, 2, more?

To give you a brief and embarrassing breakdown of my out of shape self I have a few things listed.

Weight: Fluctuates between 137-140 regularly (I have no idea how or why it fluctuates so much, but that is my life I guess. It is usually around 138 most days.)

Running: A mile is not easy and not fun. A MILE!! Pathetic

Other workouts: I randomly do arms and legs.

Workout frequency: Maybe twice a week if I'm lucky. This week I've ran twice. 1 mile one day and 1.5 another.

Goal: Lose 8-10 pounds. I would love to be 127 (or lower) but I want to look healthy not too skinny, and with my height, there is a fine line.

Helpe me!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin! If you're looking for advice, I'll try my best to provide. :)

    I think 1 pound a week is a realistic expectation for someone at your current weight--just don't weigh yourself every day! Measure it week to week. We naturally fluctuate a lot. As far as motivation and sticking to your plan goes, I think the best plan is one you can actually stick to. So often what we know we should do and what we wind up doing are two totally different things. Things like emotional eating, eating because we're bored or stressed, etc. can really trip us up. I'd take a look at this video: http://bit.ly/MgbN9w It does a great job explaining our underlying needs and how addressing them can keep us on the track to permanent weight loss.

    Best of luck! You can do this. :)

    ReplyDelete