Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

I am trying to stick to at least one blog a week and not go on another 4 month hiatus. Hopefully, I can stick to my plan, I guess we will see.


Last weekend I spent the weekend in Auburn for Easter. The one good thing about Easter (and holidays like it) is that my best friend Amanda comes into town too! I definetely dont see her enough and neither of us have enough time to really visit as much as we would like. A 5 hour drive is something you need to prepare in advance for. Maybe we should meet at home a little more often...

Anyways. I got home around 6 or so and headed our with my Mom to run some errands and have dinner with my sister Sarah. Panera, yum! (Sidenote: At one point or another I refused to eat panera because I didn't like it, I think I was crazy back then). Mom pointed out that Panera now has calorie counts next to their sandwiches and soups to give you a better idea of the calories you are eating. I told my mom I was attempting to get in swimsuit shape (ha) and was being more careful with what I was eating. This specific incident was more of an annoyance to me that a blessing. I mean who wants to know that their favorite thing on the menu is actually A LOT more calories than they thought! Not me, thats for sure. I decided I could cheat this one time and got what I wanted and not what my diet would have liked :)!


After dinner I went and met up with Amanda and her boyfriend (he came with her to Auburn for Easter). What an amazing couple they are. They are precious and I can tell how much he loves her. I've always wanted the best for her and have tried to set her up with sooo many guys that I thought would be good for her (just ask her, I'm sure she will agree). I never could have asked for anything better than her current relationship though. Oh I'm so happy that she is happy! I mean that is all I wanted afterall!


We made it out downtown in Auburn. We are getting a bit old for this scene I think. I officially only knew 1 other person at the bar (which rarely happens). I guess everyone I knew or know is either out of Auburn by now, or arent going to the bars as often. I guess a lot of it had to do with Easter, but I got a bit of this feeling the last time I was in town. Oh well, I guess I have just grown up a bit. Needless to say, we were home pretty early Friday night.



Saturday, I woke up early to go Mother of the Groom dress shopping with my Mom. I cannot believe my brother is getting married in like 9 weeks! 9 weeks!! His fiance has been around our family for years now, so she's already basically part of the family, but now it will be official. I will have a married sibling. Weird, I feel like we were jumping on the trampoline and playing spotlight at night just yesterday. We are growing up too fast!



Easter was great. Lunch was amazing. All the kids (except Daniel) and grand dogs (except Ellie) came over. We ate and laughed and enjoyed begin together. I love spending time with them! I've caught myself in recent years being more consumed with the planning, presents, and materialistic thigs associated with holidays and I'm embarassed by it. While all the little traditional things about Easter (and Christmas) are fun, it's too easy to lose site of the real reason for the celebration. I have got to do a better job of dedicating the day to Christ and not to the visiting bunny.

I hope your Easter was as pleasant as mine and that you all took a moment to remember Christ is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment