Friday, February 4, 2011

Alright, Alright

I havent blogged since the snow day, so I have lots to update.

I went to Birmingham last weekend to visit Katie and Kelli for Katie's Birthday. It was so much fun. I swear I'm not sure how these girls and I were not closer friends in college. Such great girls. Katie and I went out to dinner with Elizabeth, Jessica and their husbands. I definitely don't see them enough so it was great to catch up on life. After dinner we went to 2 bars and people watched. Katie is just as bad as I am at people watching.... It is just so fun to watch drunk people do stupid things like twirling a chair in the air before sitting next to a cute girl or taking a shot from an empty shot glass. I know I know, I shouldn't judge, but it was hilarious.

Saturday, we spent most of the day at Railroad Park a fun oark in downtown Birmingham. We were the only 3 at the park there drinking so we were obviously having a great time. And just for future knowledge, if you want to hear some good solid parenting advice, stop by Railroad Park. It's hilarious. We had dinner at a barbeque place with Kelli's man friend (really nice guy) and then headed out for our night out which ended up being a pretty early night as we were so tired and a little above the average age in the club.

Sunday I headed to see my grandmother and Aunt before heading home. J was back from Park City so I picked him up at the airport and we headed to dinner and spent some time together.

Monday I had to get all packed up because Tuesday I was on the road again, well this time more like flying. I had to go to Southern California for work to visit some clients and prospects. For the record, I don't see the appeal of Los Angeles (the first city we were in). It was ok, but not impressive. Maybe I just saw the wrong part of town. San Diego on the other hand is gorgeous. I loved it. I don't think I would want to live there (everything is SOO overpriced), but it is definitely a place I want to visit again some day.

We flew back last night, which definitely was not the end of my adventure. I paid for my parking inside the airport and then headed to the car. Got all my bags in and click click click... my battery was dead. Sweet. I'm in economy parking, the weather is gross, I'm surrounded by other parked cars and my battery is dead. I called J who told me to find someone, not a sketchy someone) to help me. Thankfully this nice nice man was getting into his car behind me and he helped me push my car out of my parking spot and jumped me off. SOO thankful for that nice man from Forsyth County.

Don't worry my adventure wasn't done there, I head towards the exit and realize, I can't find my parking ticket. Is this real life? Thankfully I still had the receipt I got after I paid so I went to the cashier and spent the next 10 minutes backing up traffic and pissing off other drivers who were trying to get home at 9:00 on a Thursday night. Eventually, she let me through. Still not all though. While I was looking for my parking ticket I noticed my gas light was on and remembered it had come on when I was driving to the airport. Sweet, so I had to stop in sketchville (not exactly the safest place and no that isnt the real name) to get gas. Now remember my battery was just jumped off so I couldn't turn the car off. I pumped gas (wondering if my car would blow up since it was still on) and noticed this man circling the parking lot and my car. He kept trying to talk to me (I was on the phone with my Mom). He wanted me to drive him to Decatur. Are you crazy old man? You realize I'm a young girl in a part of town I obviously don't belong and you want me to drive you, a stranger, to Decatur. Absolutely not.

Eventually, I made it home. Thank goodness. This weekend I want to do very little. Next weekend I will be in Auburn for family birthday time. We have a bunch of birthdays around the same time (My Aunt Jenny's is late January, my grandmothers is Friday (the 11th) My brother Caleb's is Friday (the 11th), Mom's is Saturday(the 12th)and mine is the Saturday after (the 19th)) so we have a family dinner to celebrate! So exciting! Then comes my second favorite day of the year Valentines! Ahh the next few weeks will be amazing!

Sorry this was long. I will try to keep this updated more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment