Monday, September 26, 2011

Life IS good

Again with the lag in my blog, I should really make this a calendar event so I am sure to update this little baby.

Let's start by saying life is good. Despite the fact that things aren't exactly going my way all the time, life is good and I am fortunate to have the things I have, have the people in my life that I have, and do the things I get to do. I have to constantly remind myself on days where I can’t see anything going right, that I have a great life and all these little bumps in the road are just that, bumps in the road.

Over the past 2 weeks I have been to Auburn twice, gotta love that place. Once to drop off the pup with her grandparents and once to pick up the pup/go to the Auburn game. I also went to Colorado which is AMAZING. Such a pretty state. I will return when the snow is covering the mountains for sure, it is absolutely gorgeous. It actually made me want to jump on a bike or throw on my tennis shoes and take a long walk... It's just too bad I was there for work and my time was pretty much taken over.

I am unofficially/officially putting myself on a diet/work out regime. This is not a joke. I have to train for my 60 mile bike ride in March (the most I have ridden on a bike at one time in 10 years is 6 miles). This could be a long 6 months. I need to work on my ability to run longer than my usual mile (yes I know, pathetic). I need someone to help me get through that whole my body is shutting down, I can't breathe, my legs hurt, ouch a cramp phase. Apparently there is this magical place where your body gets used to running and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad, for now I will call this place NeverNeverLand because I do not believe it exists.

In the coming weeks, I may actually spend some time in Atlanta, or maybe not. I want to get back to Birmingham soon and see my girls. Maybe next weekend??? Girls???

I have begun to mentally prepare myself for what could be a very long and very ugly (hopefully not) football October. My Auburn boys may surprise me, but right now, I'm a little concerned and therefore am just prepping myself for a hard couple of weeks. While Arkansas, Florida, LSU and Ole Miss would really bug me (I don't think we will be losing to Ole Miss btw) the last team I want to lose to is South Carolina, seeing as I know lots of Gamecocks who may find it entertaining to rub a loss in my face. I may or may not have made a comment or two last season regarding a comeback on the Plains, I plead the 5th. Either way, I am wearing my Auburn gear with pride, I will smile knowing that we will put forth a heck of a fight and will learn a little more each week. A tiger forever whether we win or lose.

So that's my life. Without a plan for this coming weekend I'm feeling a bit on edge, but I can always go to Auburn and help my sister ring in her 22nd birthday. Definitely an option I am considering. We will see. In the meantime, I leave you with a smile and a promise to try and not make this lag between blogs any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment