Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time Travel

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to go back to a past experience? Would you go back to a time and change something? Would you go back just to relive a moment? Would it be a vacation, a memory, a decision?

I think about this all the time. If I was given the chance, what point in my life would I want to relive or change? Would I go back to the last time I saw that person who is no longer in my life? Would I not date that guy? Would I not tell that lie? Would I keep doing gymnastics, or playing softball or singing?

As I think about it, I really don't think I would go back and alter anything, mostly because I like the person I am today. I wouldn't remove any of the people I've dated or been friends with. I probably wouldn't alter anything major. (I would probably have listened to my Mom though and kept singing, I do miss that part of my life). Despite some of the bad decision, heartbreaks, laughs, cries, lost friendships etc, I don't want to go back. I am the person I am now because of those experiences.

There are times in my life I would love to relive though (not relive to change, but relive to just relive). I would love to relive a moment with my grandfather before he was sick and passed. I would love to revisit the first time I fell in love and remember how great it felt. I would love to revisit JazzFest (a showchoir festival) from high school. I would love to go back and have another daddy-daughter date night and dance to YMCA with my Daddy and sister. I would love to go back to the day Mom and I were in New York, where we really started getting close. I would love to go back to the day I got my sweet Maggie and hold that precious angel when she was small ( I still love her just as much as an adult, she just isnt as easy to hold.) I would love to go back to a time, any time, that I was a child, so carefree. See, there are a million things I want to go back to, but nothing I want to change.

What times in your life would you revisit? Are you happy the way your life has turned out or would you change something? Would you risk giving up what you have now to go back and change a moment in time? And if you do not want to change it, wouldn't it be great just to relive it sometimes?

Our lives are the way they are now because of the things we have experienced, the decisions we have made. So, remember that next time you are having a bad day, or having a good one. All the hardship and greatness has made you who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment