Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week of Vacay... sort of

It's been way too long since I updated this blog so I have lots to say.

Let’s start with the kick off of Auburn's football season. Mom and I got to go to the Auburn vs. Utah State game together. Apparently we forgot what it was like to be an Auburn fan, because we left when we were sure Auburn wasn't going to pull it off. Stupid us. Riding the transit back to our car we realized our mistake as one of the guys on the bus started listening to his radio. Let’s just say, I now remember that it is not over until the last second.

I spent the rest of the weekend with friends and family in Auburn and at the lake, which was an amazing break from life. Labor Day's rain made the day suck so no lake, but just some good clean fun watching Shrek and enjoying the company I had.

Tuesday (when I was supposed to be back at work), I took my car into the shop in AU. I was working from home/Auburn that day so I did some work while lounging around with the pups. My car ended up not getting fixed that day, so I got to stay in Auburn for another day. Again I worked from home and enjoyed being away from the office/drama/bs.

Thursday brought me to the beach for my best bud's sister's bachelorette bash. Can I tell you how much I love the beach? It just takes all your cares away. It is definitely my happy place. Considering making a move there one day, would love to live near the beautiful beaches of the gulf. One day, I will.

The bachelorette party was a success, in many ways and the bride seemed to enjoy herself. Sunday we packed up the leave and immediately I got sad. While getting to the beach is such a happy moment, leaving the beach is quite possibly the saddest day ever. I was so tired that I couldn’t make the additional 2 hour drive to Atlanta so I spent another night in Auburn.

Now I’m back in Atlanta, wishing I was anywhere else. I think I've realized that Atlanta is not the place for me. Yes I like a lot of it, and yes I love most of the people I know or have met here, but right now I just don’t love it. Perhaps it’s my frustrations with work, maybe it's just me being restless. I have lots of thinking and praying and learning to do, but it's about time for me to try something else. It's an exciting, scary road I'm on, but I'm so excited to see where I will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment