Monday, December 19, 2011

Boston

In case you haven’t gotten enough o f my random travel lately, I spent this past weekend in Boston. I had all sorts of expectations of what I thought this city would be like, and not only were those expectations met, they were exceeded.

Boston is different than any other city I've been to before. Unlike most big cities (especially my dear ol Atlanta) Boston is very much a walk-friendly place. Of course to get some places, it is better to take a taxi or "The T" but for the most part you can do a lot of walking.

I stayed on the North End, the part of town basically covered in Italian restaurants and bakeries. I feel like each part of town has a designated race of people who generally take over, which I think is so fun.

I got my grand tour on Saturday. Saw the water, saw all of Boston from a restaurant called Top of the Hub, walked through parks, saw Frog Pond/ice-skating rink, did a little shopping and just enjoyed the time I had in the city. I feel like every time I saw something different I began to like the city more and more. If only Boston existed in the south with nice warm weather, it could be the perfect place. The weather was pretty cooperative on Saturday and I wasn’t too cold, well, until we went out on Saturday night. Cocktail dresses and heels are not very Boston winter friendly and I was so cold, but I didn’t complain (much).

We went to a party (I wish I remember the area we were in) and I met a lot of new people. We then walked over a few blocks to a bar in Liberty Hotel. Liberty Hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely a great end to a great day.

Sunday brought more walking except this time, it was SO COLD. Boston was definitely giving me the full Boston winter experience. I hate the cold, I hate snow (thankfully there wasn’t any), but being in Boston and just being excited to see everything made it all much more bearable.

Definitely a city I would recommend visiting, I will definitely be back, hopefully sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I was there when the Bruins werent playing at home, so no hockey fix for me. I will plan better next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment