Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas on my own

For the first year, well ever for that matter, I am living in my own place for Christmas which made it really easy to decorate just the way I wanted and man did I decorate. I will have to post pictures later next week (as I'm dumb and cant get photos from my phone to the computer and my camera is at the house), but I promise to post some.

I collected a lot of my own new stuff last year on sale at Pier One as well as Walmart and other places around Auburn. I also collected a few things this year as well. Items include reindeer and snowmen outside, wreaths I customized in my kitchen, a handmade pinterest ornament wreath outside, a precious Christmas mat, my own precious REAL tree filled with ornaments I have collected throughout my life (Mom bought us ornaments every year since we were babies).

Last weekend, when I was home for Thanksgiving Mom gave me some more stuff. Things she was either going to throw out or let the rest of the family have... Most sad realization ever. She was getting rid of so many things that I grew up with at Christmas time every year! Unacceptable. Needless to say, I have a lot of stuff randomly adorning my house (some of which I don't exactly have space for yet). Either way I have it all and one day I will have a house big enough to house it all.

I love Christmas and Christmas decorating. And the fact that it is allowing me to combine my obsession with pinterest makes me love it even more.

Next week I'm off to enjoy some more Christmas spirit in one of my favorite cities to visit, NEW YORK CITY! Since I have never been at Christmas time, I plan to be the obnoxious tourist who wants to see everything. On the agenda I have Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, Central Park (surely they do something Christmasy too), and FOA Schwarz (where I fully intend to pretend like I am a child). If you have other Christmasy suggestions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment