Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolutions

So this year for New Years I decided why not just come up with some New Years Resolutions that I may or may not follow. I have to start somewhere so this year, this is my plan.

1) Get into better shape.
I've never been much for working out and I kind of eat whatever I want so its needless to say that I am not in the best shape. Which goes to prove that thin does not mean you are in good shape. I want to workout more, eat better and just feel good. I think I can probably do that.

2)Going along the same lines as the 1st one, i wanted to set myself a specific challenge, something I would never have considered before. So at some point later this year, I want to run a half marathon. If you have heard me talk about running before you have heard me say if it is longer than 3 miles I would rather get in the car and drive there, I guess in 2012 I will have to change that theory.

3)Finances, I feel like no matter what, I will never be thrilled enough with the way I handle my finances. This year I'm putting myself on a stricter budget and actually sticking to it. Hopefully.

4)Really think about what I want to do with my future. Lately I've been having a quarter (almost) life crisis and trying to figure out what I really want to do with my life. Do I want to go back to school? Do I want to stay in the same field? Do i want to do something totally different? I have lots of thinking to do.

5)Listen to full sentences (before getting upset) and not picking fights (usually done when I have been drinking). Maybe I should just stop drinking and that may help. Either way, I want to be more patient and willing to listen before casting a judgment.

2 comments: