Friday, January 13, 2012

Running Update

So I hit my first milestone last night...

For those of you who run regularly this will not seem like a big deal, but with my history of running and my lack of motivation to keep going, this was certainly a step in the right direction for me.

Last night, for the first time ever in my whole life, I ran 3 mile without stopping once. I did not walk, I did not even feel like walking. I felt great and was breathing normal and found a pace that works for me.

Unfortunately my pace isn't exactly where I want to be when I run the half marathon, but right now it is comfortable and I am able to sustain it.

I am such a proud little trainee at this point and can't wait to see what 6 miles feels like, hopefully sooner rather than later.

In addition to the half marathon and the 60 mile bike ride training, I have now somewhat committed to do an Iron girl end of May in Atlanta. Guess I should add swimming to my workout rotation. I'm so excited to see if I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment