Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day weekend

Man it was a crazy weekend. Thursday night I enjoyed the kickoff of football season, South Carolina vs. NC State. Thankfully the Gamecocks won! But the real fun started on Saturday.



To prepare for my weekend I took off work on Friday to drive to Auburn early and beat some of the traffic. I thought I would leave sometime in the morning, but I ended up getting stuck until around 2. Had so much stuff to do before leaving. I wasn't just leaving for the weekend, I was moving to a new place on Sunday and had to have all of my stuff out of the other place on Friday. (more on that in a minute)



I finally made it to Auburn and got to spend some time with my family. I also got to see my best friend Amanda, my good friend Parker, Jay, and some other people I haven't seen in forever! It was nice to be in Auburn during football season, even though it is a lot different now that Auburn isn't my home anymore.



Friday night Amanda and I wanted to meet up with some folks and ended up in the least likely place ever. A fraternity house. Now I have nothing against fraternities, in fact, I like most of them, but it felt soo weird being in one as an alumni. I felt so old. Everyone there seemed to be like 18 or 19. I guess Im not that much older, but in the 4 years that you are in college you grow so much and I saw a lot of people who had A LOT of growing to do. After the party (which we stayed at for like an hour) we met up with some friends at a tailgate. Had a great time listening to music and mostly people watching.



Saturday (GAME DAY) was really good. I had to get up really early to go to the Uhaul place with my dad so that we could go pick up my brand new bedroom furniture. I am absolutely in love with it. (Picture below)





Not all the pieces fit in my room, but I just put one in the office since I wont be bringing in a desk. I then met up with some friends and tailgated before the game. I sat (rather stood in the student section) for most of the game before I got hungry and was ready to leave. My Tigers pulled out a win and I was so happy! War Damn Eagle! Can't wait for the rest of the season!





Now on to Sunday! It took 3 full car loads, a little storage in Jonathan's car, the bed of a truck and a uhaul to move everything I own from Alpharetta/Auburn to the house I was moving too. Dad and Jonathan carried all my furniture in for me and got it all set up! (So thankful for them!) They also got my tv mounted and up on my wall. Now all I have to do is wait for the cable to be installed! I've been watching movies in the meantime. Mom, Dad, Jonathan and I were busy all day and Mom and Dad didnt get home until late late at night. I wanted them to be able to have their Monday off though so I was glad to get everything done.



Monday I lounged, all day! I unpacked a little, not much left though. I was so tired from the move that Maggie and I napped and woke up jus tin time to drive to Alpharetta and watch the Florida St. Miami game. (Had to go to Alpharetta since I had no cable!)


So basically Im trying to adjust to the new house. Trying to get Maggie adjusted as well. She slept horribly the first night, but she just wasnt used to the new place. She loves it now and is loving her new big backyard.


This weekend I cant decide if I want to go home to see the family and do some last minute shopping for the house, or if I would rather just enjoy being in Atlanta and doing nothing. I guess i will just have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment