Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

So the 30 day challenge is going slow and I'm making it more of a maybe 6 month challenge. I'll keep you updated on my first one, whenever I do it. Hey, atleast I already know who im writing most of the 30 day challenges about. I still can't decide if I want to write them on here though, some will be pretty personal, maybe I'll pick a choose :)!

4th of July weekend was amazing. I got some pool time in as well as a day at the lake so I was a happy camper. Lake Martin was packed, as always. We took a boat ride to chimney rock ( a rock I've jumped off several times). This time I climbed it, looked down, and freaked out so I climbed back down. Yea, pathetic I know. Jonathan jumped though so atleast he had his first experience.

My most favorite thing about the 4th are the fireworks though. We were all sitting on the dock talking and made a quick decision to jump on the boat and watch them from on the water. We drove out a little ways and just sat, blaring (I mean BLARING) techno music (hilarious) and enjoying the fireworks. I love love love them. Wish we had made it to a actual show, but the random fireworks being shot off were good too.

After my "day off" yesterday (I was "on call" and there was absolutely no day off for me) I'm back at work and looking forward to my next vacay... IN 9 DAYS!!! Jonathan and I are going to Chicago! We are meeting up with some of his friends from a Europe trip he took a few years back. I'm a little nervous about not knowing anyone... but I'm sure it will be fun. There are quite a few jammed packed days on our itinerary... EEEK so excited! Is it July 15th yet?!?

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment