Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm worn out already and the fun has just begun

First of all, Chicago was amazing! We had so much fun exploring the city and getting to know new friends. We arrived Thursday night and spent most of the night just talking, but we also took a long walk around Lincoln Park where they lived. What a fun part of the town. Full of young professionals and some young families, the Family Matters house was apparently in the this area too! (Fun fact we learned!)

Friday we walked some more, took a walk on Michigan Avenue and saw the set of the Transformers 3 movie. Michigan Avenue was torn up, wrecked cars everywhere, random shoes and clothes from the actors, and enough security to ensure nothing was going to happen. It was really cool to see in person, maybe I'll actually go see this Transformers movie.

We also took an architecture boat tour, I wasn't sure how I would like this, but ended up finding it really interesting. There is so much history in Chicago and the buildings tell an interesting story. We learned a lot and had fun. We had lunch at the Hancock Building that afternoon (The Signature Room to be more exact). That view is amazing. You can see the whole city from up there! The food was ok, but the view was well worth the 90something story elevator ride. Below is a picture I took during the tour.



Jonathan got to go to a Cubs game, but the girls got down there too late so we watched in from a restaurant in Wrigleyville. He had a great time and I'm glad he got the experience. Besides, with all the girls that were there, those boys needed some good quality man time.



The rest of the weekend was spent eating at BYOB restaurants (BEST IDEA EVER), seeing more of the city, and enjoying fun nights out.

Just when I thought I was still tired from that trip my schedule got crammed with new trips (some for fun, some for work) over the next 2 months.

I have to go to New Jersey next week, Virginia the next, then Chicago again with Amanda (still being determined), Auburn for graduation (my brother is graduating!) Then Charleston for work and Columbia for fun. And then we are already into football season sooo I'll be making a trip down to Auburn a few times too!

Auburn's football season starts in 44 days! WAR EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment