Sunday, April 17, 2011

1....2....3...Break

Alright after a straight month (literally AN ENTIRE MONTH) of traveling for work, I'm home for a while! Well sort of, I'm gone all but 3 weekends from now until mid-July. (Those are all for fun so I don't count that as travel.)

Despite the fact that I am home, my life definitely is not slowing down. A little over a month ago, I moved into a townhome with a friend from college. About a week after I moved in a neighbor got robbed (when I say neighbor I mean like across the street, way too close for comfort.) A few days after that, my tire gets slashed, no this is not a joke. I love the house (and my roommate), but my safety is more important, not to mention that dang tire cost me over $200 (you can't just replace one tire or the treads dont match!)

So... I started looking at new places to go. I looked at apartment after apartment and never really was set on one. I have never lived in an apartment and will be happy never to live in one ever, so I went to my favorite place to find housing... CRAIGSLIST! I know super sketch right? Don't you worry I'm super careful. Well, guess what!? Craiglist paid off again!!!

I am the brand new leaser of a one bedroom carriage house in Brookhaven! It is so cute AND best part, it has a fenced in yard for my sweet Mags! Oh I'm so excited. It has a living room, kitchen, foyer area, sunroom, backyard, bedroom and bath. It is so cute! I'm excited to make it my own! I know, I know, you may be wondering where are you going to stay with you visit? No worries, I have you covered!

To start that process, I of course went to do my most favorite things, FURNITURE SHOPPING. Not exactly the cheapest hobby to have, but I love it. So after an all day shopping trip with my Mom and looking at lots of ugly furniture and furniture that wouldn't fit in my loving room, I found the perfect set. I am now the proud owner of a sofa (a sleeper sofa, see I told you I had a spot for you), a love seat, new coffee table and end tables, and a sofa table (for my TV). I'm so excited to get in there and start making it my own! I move in 2 weeks, May 2nd, so come visit me!

Anyways, I will take lots of pictures when it is all set up and you will get to see if for yourself. Kelli and Katie, you may be the first to break in the sofa bed... whoop whoop Warrior Dash!

For now I will end this, but now that I'm a little less busy, I will keep you updated much more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment