Thursday, May 26, 2011

Has my heart

Charleston was absolutely amazing. We arrived mid day Saturday (didn't exactly make my 5:00 am departure time). When we arrived we wandered around the city for a little while, taking in the atmosphere and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We went back to a restaurant we knew had a rooftop patio and hung out there for a little while as we waited to get the keys to the house we were going to be staying.

This house was so cute. It was a great size and accommodated everyone and everything perfectly. We actually were invited down to Charleston by a friend of ours and his family so we were grateful that we had our own room and space. The house was about 2blocks or so from Isle of Palm beach so it was absolutely perfect.

I learned a valuable lesson, my skin is not as resistant to sunburn as it used to be. Not wearing sunscreen the first day was probably not a great idea, but I didn't get too bad. We spent most of our days on the beach or playing tennis and just enjoyed being with friends and being away from home. I did learn to play bocce ball, which is actually a pretty fun beach game. I think I may invest in this for my next beach trip (JUNE 10, for my bestbud Manda's 24 birthday!!)

Monday was J and my 2 year anniversary. It was perfect. i didn't want to do anything crazy, just wanted to have some time that he and I could spend together alone, so we spent the day on the beach and then got ready for dinner. J did some research and found this really cute place Atlanticville. It was sooo good. I had duck for the first time and he had scallops (which i didn't hate). It was such an amazing dinner, if you are ever in that area I highly recommend it.



J and I then took a late night stroll on the beach. It was a perfect night. He has really been such a blessing to me these past two plus years. I am a very lucky girl and cant wait to see what is to come for us.

Now I'm preparing for a weekend of some downtime and then some trips for work and fun. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment