Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well, I survived...

I officially survived moving! Yay!

Since I was moving on a weekday, and my dad and poor bf had moved me less than 2 months before, I figured I would do this one solo. Well sort of solo, I did hire those movers to carry everything down the stairs, to a truck and to my new place... But I did unpack everything by myself :).

I spent my Monday hanging curtain rods (I think I have a new love of power tools), organizing and reorgnaizing when I found more stuff that needed a space, and unpacking box after box after box. Despite all the work, I LOVE my new place. I never thought I would like living alone, but it's actually really nice. And of corse, I'm not actually alone, I have my sweet Maggie back home!

Tuesday my living room furniture was delivered, and despite the delivery man's skepticism, it all fit through my front door and looks so cute. It's such a precious little space. My new home with all my stuff and no one elses, that is such a crazy thought.

I haven't taken pictures yet, since I haven't officially finished, but I will I promise. I have some pictures to hang and need little accessories to go randomly around the house. I also need a living room TV and lamps. If I keep thinking I could probably come up with 100 other things I need too. Ahh moving is expensive and you realize all the little things you dont have and want/need when you are finally alone. I have some work to do getting all that together in an affordable way :)

In other news, Natalie's (my cousin) Bachelorette Party was such a great time. While many of the girl's ended up bailing, the rest of us had such a great time. It was a lot more low-key than my usual Bachelorette party, but it was fun all the same! I want to go back to the beach now, good thing Im going to Charleston in 16 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment