Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Changes

Well, quite a few things have happened since my last blog. Some good, some shocking, some sad, some I'm still coping with.

I am currently in Washington state traveling for work. While I am very busy, I am finding this a nice break from the reality of my life in Atlanta. When I return, I know things will be so different. I am returning to Atlanta for the first time in 2 years, with no man to go home to. I am now a single woman.

It's been a hard couple of days, I've definitely had bad days and days that I feel a little better. I've had days where I was numb, and days where I can't stop crying. I've smiled at past memories and yearned to go back to a few weeks ago. I'm hurting, I'm learning, I'm coping, I'm leaning on God.

Usually I would be the person who would want to surround myself with people to keep my mind off of things. But this time, it's been different. I want to be alone. I want to have some time to think for myself and just be. I want to not feel bad for having a breakdown, I want to be able to smile and not have people think that I'm all of a sudden ok.

Yes I am surviving, and yes every day passes and I realize that I made it and I'm getting a little bit stronger (I bet that country song just popped in your head). But I'm still broken. My heart still yearns to love and continue a relationship.

I know this is good for me right now, this is good for him right now, and most of all this is good for us right now. I dont know where my story goes from here, and I dont know if he will ever be a part of it again, but each day I go along working on myself and not worrying about what is to come.

There is a plan for my life, I just wish I could skip over this whole heartbroken phase. Life is hard and these experiences are a part of it. Just keep me in your prayers as I continue to grow and learn, pray that I keep my sights on God and that each day I feel a little less pain and a lot more love from those who are around me.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, and praying for you! It's never easy, but dealing in your own way is the best thing. Sorry I've been out of touch, but let me know if I can do anything, or if you need to talk - perhaps I can make a trip to ATL soon! Call me when you can!

    ReplyDelete