Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Accountable

Many of you are friends to me that I trust and really value your opinions so I thought I would ask you all for a little help. I have goals I want to achieve, some small, some big, some life changing, some life bettering. I want you to keep me accountable and make sure I keep a straight path and not just give up.

I just read an article, that really puts life as a 25(ish) year old into perspective. http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/whole-life/features/25956-11-things-to-know-at-25ish If you are a 25(ish) year old, take a look at it, there is a little something in there for us all regardless of where we are in our lives.

So for my goals.

1) Remember about a post or two back I mentioned I have some life changes coming. Well I'm 98% sure I am going back to school. So in October or December I will be taking the LSAT and then will begin applying for schools. When I was younger, I said I always wanted to be a lawyer, and after my brother's graduation from law school, the bug bit me and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm excited to see how this process goes. Of course, my test score will be my final deciding factor, so right now studying for that and doing well is my goal.

2) Take a photography class. I love looking at photography and enjoy seeing what people can make out of a simple picture. I've wanted a nice camera for some time now, so my next big purchase will definitely be that.

3) Get my finances under some serious control. No i'm not in debt again, but I want to make sre I'm not wasting money and I'm never letting myself get on that edge again. I want to save more.

4) I've always been one to love to volunteer (I was president of Working Wildcats in middle school haha), but recently I've been so caught up in life that I haven't had time. I am thinking of doing the big brother big sister program. I still need to research it, considering my travel schedule may not be condusive, but if not that, I will find something.

5) I want to get into better shape. Maybe I should work out more than once a week (or month in some cases). I'm going to try for 3 times a week as a start. Hopefully this works out.

So for now those are 5 goals I am setting for myself. I have high expectations of myself, and hopefully you will keep me accountable. I will need a lot of help (especially on number 5 :))

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love the new blog design.
    2. In response to the last post - I went to NKOTBSB in Nashville - the NKOTB boys are still smokin hott.. even if they are 40! haha
    3. Awesome goals! I know that you will reach all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's take a photography class together!!!

    ReplyDelete