Monday, June 20, 2011

Boredom leads me to blogging

I am so bored right now. I'm in Arizona, not tired, not hungry, not interested in anything on tv, and bored. So now I blog, to update you on life.

I had the best weekend in Auburn last weekend. I really needed a weekend like this to turn my mood around and jump start me back to the person I am meant to be. I am back, in full force (ish). Scary isnt it :). I am so excited to see where my life is going.

But back to my weekend, my Auburn friends are amazing. To tell you the truth, a lot of the people I cherish so much now, were not great friends of mine in high school. Of course we were all social with eachother, but we never really got to know eachother in a friend way. They can really make me smile and laugh and just enjoy being. I love it.

Parker, the birthday boy had a great birthday party. We all enjoyed eachother and had so much fun. What I didn't realize at the time is that my friend is leaving Auburn until late August. He is going back to training for the Marines. He has already done one tour and missed it so he re-enlisted. He will be deployed next year sometime (I'm not allowed to talk to about it yet, I get too sad). He is such a great friend to me, so I am happy for his new adventure, but I worry about him.

I also enjoyed my time with my dad. He is amazing. It was nice to have the whole family to spend the day with him. I think he enjoyed himself so it was a successful trip. Oh and hopefully his REI giftcard will come in handy.

So Wednesday I was supposed to be going to a concert, NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block Backstreet Boys) BUT then we looked at ticket prices. $60.00. $60.00 for a band who was popular 15 years ago. Are they serious? They are old now, not the young dancing hotties they used to be. No boys, keep your concert, I'll just jam out to your cd instead and look at pictures of you in your younger day.

Life is good. Unexpected changes in life can really be a blessing. Hearts mend, slowly but surely. I still am not sure what will happen as far as my love life is concerned, but right now, I'm not going to worry about it.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you aren't going to the NKOTBSB---it has to be the best concert I've been to in YEARS!! 2 and 1/2 hours of straight up, nonstop music! The guys ALL look hot and they put on quite a show. The stage allows them to get up and personal and both groups go out into the audience! The arena was insane with excitement and screaming. Loved it. Would go to several if they were anywhere close to me!

    ReplyDelete