Monday, July 25, 2011

I am Shadow

Remember these guys?


You know at the end of the movie "Homeward Bound" when the two dogs (Chance and Shadow) and the cat (Sassy) are going through the train tracks/train station and Shadow breaks a board and falls into a mudpit? For a good few minutes of the movie Shadow tries and tries and tries to get out of that hole and he just keeps sliding down. His friends(Chance and Sassy) try to help and it just doesn't seem to work.

I am Shadow. I'm at a point in my life with all the stuff going on (stress of work, relationships, life in general) that I have fallen to the bottom of this ugly gross mudpit. I'm covered in mud and struggling to get back out. My friends and family (yes you all are Chance and Sassy) are working so hard to help me out and slowly they get me to a point then I let something else let me slide back down.

I'm annoyed. I'm irritated. I find my mood slipping and my temper raising. My patience is thin and my overall outlook isn't always great. Sounds depressing right? Who wants to be stuck in a mudpit? Who wants to go through all the stuff life throws at you?

Don't worry the story doesn't stop there. Back in the movie, Shadow tells his sweet friends to leave him and go home, and at first you think that they might. The movie cuts away to the family, trying to move on without the dogs, and then Chance and Sassy come over the hill. Everyone is so excited. After some time passes, and everyone thinks that Shadow gave up, here he comes limping over the hill, covered in mud, and looking so tired.

The point of the story is there are times that I feel like giving up and I feel like just sitting in the bottom of the mudpit for a while, but I can't do it. I have to work to get out of the mudpit and regardless of how dirty and battered and tired I may be when I emerge, I will be fine.

I love that I just compared myself to a dog, btw. That in itself gave me a little foot hold in this mud pit I'm stuck in. Just taking situations day by day, work day by day, studying day by day, and just living day by day.

For those of you living under a rock, below are the scenes I was talking about.




I promise my life is not as sad as it sounds here, I'm just really stressed and letting it out on my poor little blog. Writing always helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment