Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

Well, travel pretty much sums up my life since Independence Day. I spent 4 days at the beach and returned home only to leave for another 4 days to go to Washington (for work). Work isnt exciting so lets talk beach.

I love Hilton Head, such a pretty place and so fun. My friend Leigh actually has a place on Daufuskie Island, a little island town near Hilton Head. This is the most charming place I have been in a long long time. There are very few cars (I didnt see a single one the whole time we were there) and everyone rides around on golf carts. There is wildlife everywhere (including these giant squirrel things that we lovingly called squir-coons). Deer there are not afraid of people and just roam around, not bothering anyone. The beach was so peaceful, lowkey, and had very few people on it. I just love it there. We were all there to celebrate Leigh turning 25, which of course we did in style. We made out way over to Hilton Head and spent a long long night out celebrating, even making friends with a bachelor party (another story for another day). It was amazing, and definitely a needed vacation.



My friends Jessica and Amanda were in town last weekend (Jess lives in Maryland, and Manda in Mobile). We had an amazing time just catching up and having a drink or two. I just love these girls. Sadly they weren't here long and I already miss them. Jess is most likely moving back to the South (close to Atlanta) soon so now all I need to do is convince Amanda to head back north a little bit. (She won't, I already tried).

This weekend I am going home, I've really missed it lately and I just want to spend the weekend with my parents and chill out for a little while. Life can get so busy and I just want to have nothing to do for an entire weekend. Cannot wait.

In other news, life is going ok. Enjoying the time I have with friends and getting a lot of things done. Reading a lot (currently reading "Heaven is for real"). Learning a lot about myself. But, I still have those days where I wonder why I can't seem to shake some of the feelings that I have. When will I not wonder about what is to come? I know it takes time and I will surely be ok, but there are days that I wonder when? So I pray and pray and trust that his plans are bigger than mine. His plans are better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment