Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A good book can cure all things

Well, maybe not all things, but I find it very easy to get caught up in a book and let all the insignificant things in life just melt away. Recently (well since the beginning of the year) I've been reading so much (mostly because of travel, but still.) Last week I went on a book buying spree (dang you Amazon) and bought some I've been wanting to read, or have been recommended to me for reading.

First of all the book I'm most excited about, Nicholas Sparks has a new book coming out... in October. Why did I have to find out about this early? I love love love his books. So, because I couldn't wait, I preordered it. A good meaningless book will be welcomed after I read the other books I've ordered.

"Captivating", "Lady in Waiting" and Jaycee Dugard's "A Stolen Life" along with finishing "Heaven is for Real." I'll try to remember to review those on here, but all are going to be pretty heavy reads. I'm excited to see what is so great about them and get some good learning in. I hope I can make it through all of them considering I'm supposed to be studying....

About that, I remember now why I wanted out of school. Studying is not my forte, I've never been much of a studier and have to retrain myself to get with the program. This LSAT may kick my butt. But, to find a positive, I have decided I have a favorite section so maybe that will help me out. If nothing else, I plan to rock that section :)

In the meantime, if you have other books to help distract me, I mean read, let me know! I'm open to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment