Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend Warrior

I live for the weekends at this point. Work has been, well less than satisfactory lately. I think I'm just in a funk about it. I really do like my job, but sometimes it is exhausting. When you think you are caught up, you aren't. I just need to reorganize some things and get my priorities straight, that will definitely help. Oh and get back to to-do lists, that will help too.

On that note, my memory is legitamitely awful lately. I cannot remember anything. I've never had this problem before. If you have a remedy, please let me know. It's pathetic.

This weekend was such a good weekend (other than FriDAY). My soon-to-be cousin-in-law lost her mother last week so my family went in support of Elizabeth and the family. If you know me, you know I hate anything death related (yes I know most people do), but the whole concept of funerals and cemeteries completely freaks me out. I hate them. But this service was not like a normal funeral. The man who spoke had such great things to say about Elizabeth's mom and actually got a laugh or two from the people there to mourn. Seeing Elizabeth was by far the hardest thing. I cannot imagine what she is going through and hope I don't have to know that feeling for a very very very very long (times infinity) time.

After the service, we had some family shopping time. My grandmother, Mom and I went all over looking for random stuff my mom needed. I, or course, found more clothes (which I did not need). Friday night I got to see Katie and Elizabeth (LOVE THEM!) We went to this bar near Summit called The Black Market. I really liked it, and loved getting to meet some new people and catch up with my girlies! The late night buffalo chicken fingers were a highlight too :). Oh and we cant forget about the girl in the tube top with her bra all sorts of out (think What Not To Wear bad).



Saturday I left the couch very infrequently, but did manage to get dressed later that night and hit the town again with Katie. Such a good time. Met more people, some more interesting than others, but it was so fun.

Big news in my life...... I am going skydiving on Sunday!!!!! AHHH so excited, so scared. I'll be sure to update you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment