Wednesday, August 24, 2011

North Alabama Weekend

I had such a great time last weekend. So great that this week back at home has been less than enjoyable.

This weekend I was invited to attend the wedding of Mr and Mrs. Adam Warnke and I was so blessed to be there. They are such a special couple. Melissa, as usual, looked absolutely stunning. The wedding was amazing and the venue was so so pretty. I, of course, forgot my camera, but Im sure one of these days, sweet Elizabeth will post some pictures :).


Since the wedding was being held in Cullman on Saturday night, I decided to head up the North Alabama a day early and spend some time with Stuy Stu Stu (pretty much a brother to me). Stuart has been trying to get me and Amanda up to Huntsville to visit since he moved there and finally we made it. Oh my gosh, Friday night was an adventure and so much fun. So much fun, that I went back after the wedding on Saturday and redid the night. I swear I have not danced that hard, laughed so much, or been so content in so so long. Saturday morning we got up and decided to take a hike, a much needed bit of exercise, with a pretty view of Huntsville at the top. And other than forgetting to bring water and then constantly talking about water and gatorade, it was great.

I just love spending time with them and wish we could all spend more time together more often. Our next trip wont take as long and luckily we are all (well 3 of us are) from Auburn and Stu's roommate went to AU so we will all see eachother again in just 1.5 weeks! Yay!

This weekend I'm heading to Auburn to 1) pick up my sweet Maggie Mag from my parents and 2) attend a bridal shower for my bestfriend's sister. I cannot wait to have a second weekend with Amanda (I definitely dont see her enough).

This weekend made me really appreciate the people I do have in my life. Bestfriend time can really lift a girl's spirit and this weekend I got to spend bestfriend time with 2 bestfriends.

Elizabeth has been such a great friend to me for years now and I am so lucky to have her friendship and encouragement. While we are in two different stages of life (she's a happily married lady) we both cling to the friendship we have and refuse to let our locations, or marital status, or changes in life take that away.

Amanda has been my best bud since 8th grade. And oh my goodness did God know what he was doing when he brought her into my life. She has been my rock during hard times and a complete blessing. No matter what happens or how far away we are, she will always and forever be stuck with me, she's irreplacable.

I'm happy that the next few weeks are taking me home often and I'm going to do my best to use that time to help me out of the funk I've been in. Work is stressing me out and I'm allowing that stress to flow into other aspects of my life. I'll shake it. Family, Friends and football (and of course God) will help!

10 days 2 hours and 5 minutes to Auburn's first kickoff!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment