Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Health Kick

I'm on a serious "get your body into shape" kick right now. I'm going to the beach in a few weeks, and the thought of putting on a swimsuit makes me cringe. I have a weight goal I want to be at, but I'm not sure the weight is really what is bothering me. I just want to tone up and feel good about prancing around on a beach in less than half the amount of clothes I wear on a daily basis.

So this week I kicked it up a notch. I have officially worked out 3 days in a row (a complete shock to me), something that hasn't been done, well ever. The best part, I do not hate it. What? Did I just say that. I have never been one to like working out, or running, or being hot, or anything that forced me to get off the couch. Yes I know, pathetic. But NOW, I actually look forward to working out. Whether it is tennis (I'm a soon-to be pro, ask my coach :) haha), running, classes at the gym, walking sweet Mags, anything.

Now why such a change in attitude?

1) I feel gross and hate feeling this way. They say that when a girl is single they work out and when they aren't single they "let themselves go." I strongly disagree. I worked out more when I was in a relationship and now I just got lazy and would rather go to dinner with friends than to go the gym. No more...

2) The LA Fitness in Brookhaven finally opened and holy cow is it nice. Two stories of equipment, a really nice classroom, and tvs everywhere (including on the treadmills). Love it. AND this one has Zumba, which I did on Monday, and loved.

3) I got new shoes. Before when I was running my knees always always hurt. So I was complaining about it to my coworker and they sent me to Big Peach Running Co. to figure out what shoes would be best for the way I run. I did their lil test and found out the shoes I was wearing weren't helping support my knees because of the way that I run. So I am now the proud owner of some new shoes, HOT PINK SHOES! Now I'm going to want to workout everyday.

4) I also bought some cute workout attire. Working out in cotton is out, and cute workout tops are in. Besides if I feel good while working out, then I will continue to do it.

5) I also have more stamina now than before. I find it easier to run further and longer than I could before. I am still not 100% there, and struggle with the whole "just keep going and you'll be fine." I think that is a myth, but I am trying and my goal is to be able to do a 5K atleast once a week, if not more.

Today will make day 4 of Erin's workout regime and hopefully I will be able to stick with it. Maybe I should find a running partner (someone who is actually on my level of pathetic-ness. While the beach is in my sights now, I want to be able to keep this up so here goes nothing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment