Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mouse in my House

The title says it all...

I have currently moved out of my precious little house and allowed a tiny little mouse to have free reign... sort of, well not really at all but.....

Let's start with what I hope this lil mouse doesn't looks like. How come when we were little kids (and now) mice were portrayed as cute. You know, characters like Mickey and Minnie, Stuart Little, the mouse from Ratatouille, the mice from The Rescuers Down Under, and more. If my lil mouse has on a cute sweater ( I haven't actually seen the mouse, just heard it), I will be really sad about what I/Bryan did yesterday.

So I am totally 100% fine with bugs, I will kill them all day long. Mice, a totally different story. Those lil things come out at night, when I'm asleep and they are furry and dirty and chew things and just overall gross me out. *Oh my gosh, so gross . Talking about it makes me cringe.* Sooo when I heard one on Tuesday night, while I was trying to enjoy watching The Biggest Loser, I, of course, freaked out. Landlord was called and I moved out (for the night). Thank God for Hotel Schickel down the street (this is my friend's house, not really a hotel).

So yesterday, after I found out that the exterminator wasn't nearly as concerned about my safety and security and sleep and wouldn't be able to get to my house until Friday morning, I went to Walmart and stocked up on mouse traps both the snap traps and the sticky ones. And then I convinced my coworker/tennis coach/friend Bryan to help me out and set them up.

First of all, so freaking thankful for Bryan's willingness to help me. And while I convinced myself I would try and help, I was a completely worthless assistant. When he opened the cabinet that I heard the mouse in the night before I squealed and ran. Anytime there was a single noise or anything that could spook me, I jumped on my bed and squealed. (Ultimate girl on this one). When it came to throwing stuff away that had been destroyed I had him pick it up "just in case the mouse was in there." While he found this whole experience hilarious, I was not laughing and instead was overly freaked out. It did not help that my mom called in the middle and proceeded to tell me that there was probably more than one and that they can climb, (OH MY GOSH SO GROSS!!!) Bryan set up all of the traps throughout the house and then we left. I have yet to be back home.

And since I'm still afraid and being a huge baby, he (and his precious son) are coming over today to check to see if that lil thing is dead. I will be outside, with C, pretending to do anything other than think about that mouse. If it isn't dead, I'm moving back in with Taylor again (I stayed with her last night, best old roommate ever!!) And I will return with the exterminator in the morning to get serious about getting rid of my unwanted house guest. (Thank goodness I am leaving town tomorrow)

And since I know Bryan will eventually read this and has probably laughed his way through the whole blog: Thank you Thank you Thank you! You are the best! And I would have been up a creek without a paddle without your help on this one! For real, I owe you big time

No comments:

Post a Comment